- 1 Who is Rita Dominic?
- 2 Rita Dominic NaijaNews247 Profile
- 3 Rita Dominic Education
- 4 Rita Dominic Parents
- 5 Rita Dominic Movies & Year
- 6 Rita Dominic’s marriage and relationship
- 7 Rita Dominic’s relationship with Fidelis Anosike
- 8 Rita Dominic: 2019 cancelled wedding
- 9 Rita Dominic’s rumoured relationships and affairs
- 10 Rita Dominic: Lesbian allegations
- 11 About Rita Dominic’s partner, Fidelis Anosike
- 12 Rita Dominic’s children
- 13 Rita Dominic Nomination
- 14 Rita Dominic Awards
- 15 Rita Dominic Net Worth 2021
Who is Rita Dominic?
Rita Dominic is a multiple award-winning Nigerian actress, movie producer, model, and investor. She is the CEO of Rita Dominic Productions and co-founder of the Audrey Silva Company.
The actress’s full name is Rita Uchenna Nkem Dominic Nwaturuocha. She was born on July 12, 1975, into the royal Nwaturuocha family of Aboh Mbaise Local Government Area of Imo state.
The 46-year-old actress from Mbaise in Imo State was born as the last child of four children.
Rita Dominic NaijaNews247 Profile
|Full Name:||Rita Uchenna Nkem Dominic Nwaturuocha|
|Popularly known:||Rita Dominic|
|Date of birth:||12th July 1975|
|Place of birth:||Mbaise, Imo State, Nigeria|
|Age:||46 years (2021)|
|Profession:||Actress, movie producer, model, TV personality|
|Net worth:||$3 million|
Rita Dominic Education
Rita Dominic is educated; she had her Primary School education in Akwa Ibom State then move to Federal Government College, where she had her Senior School Certificate. She graduated from the University of Port Harcourt in 1999 after bagging a degree in Theater Arts.
Rita Dominic Parents
Rita Dominic’s parents were healthcare professionals. Her father was a medical doctor while her mother was a nursing officer.
Rita Dominic graduated from the University of Port Harcourt in 1999 with a degree in Theatre Arts. She debuted in the movie industry in 1998 with the movie ‘A Time to Kill’.
Rita Dominic Movies & Year
The on-screen diva has starred in over 350 movies since the launch of her career. Rita Dominic Movies includes:
1998 – 2003
- Children of Terror – 1998
- Prisoner of Love – 1999
- My Guy – 1999
- Face of a Liar (with Stella Damasus-Aboderin) – 1999
- Aba Riot (with Olu Jacobs and Segun Arinze) – 1999
- Unforgettable – 2003
- To Love a Thief (with Segun Arinze) – 2003
- Throwing Stones (with Tchidi Chikere) – 2003
- The Intruder (with Richard Mofe Damijo and Stella Damasus-Aboderin) – 2003
- Street Life – 2003
- Love You Forever – 2003
- Lean on Me (with Segun Arinze) – 2003
- Back from America – 2003
- A Night to Remember – 2003
- Accidental Discharge – 2003
- Working Class Lady – with Stephanie Okereke
- True Romance – with Richard Mofe Damijo and Desmond Elliot
- The Ingrate
- The Faithful – with Desmond Elliot
- Sweet Love
- Singles & Married
- Schemers: Bad Babes
- Nights of Riot
- Love Temple
- Love After Love – with Patience Ozokwor and Tchidi Chikere
- Lost Paradise
- Last Wedding – with Ramsey Nouah, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, and Joke Silva
- Indecent Act – with Richard Mofe Damijo
- I Believe in You – with Richard Mofe Damijo
- Goodbye New York – with Genevieve Nnaji
- Blood Diamonds
- All My Life – with Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Zack Orji, and Tchidi Chikere
- Wheel of Change – with Stella Damasus-Aboderin and Desmond Elliot
- Ultimate Crisis – with Ini Edo and Olu Jacobs
- Tricks of Women
- The Begotten – with Ini Edo
- Suicide Lovers
- Queen of My Heart
- Orange Groove – with Desmond Elliot
- Only Love – with Ini Edo and Olu Jacobs
- Never Too Far
- More Than Gold
- Love Story
- Last Game – with Ini Edo
- Kill the Bride – with Mike Ezuruonye
- Guys on the Line – with Stephanie Okereke
- Face of Africa – Tracey
- Desperate Billionaire – with Kanayo O. Kanayo and Ini Edo
- Bless Me – with Mike Ezuruonye
- 2 Face – with Desmond Elliot
- Wedding Fever
- Unbreakable Affair – with Desmond Elliot
- Total Control – with Kanayo O. Kanayo
- The Humble Lion – with Patience Ozokwor
- Sweet Sound
- Spirit of Love
- Show Girls: Face of Africa 3
- Saviour – with Chioma Chukwuka
- Million Dollar Sisters – with Kanayo O. Kanayo
- Married for Money – with Mike Ezuruonye
- Last Offence – with Mike Ezuruonye
- Jealous Heart
- Hidden Murderer – with Desmond Elliot
- Girls Cot – with Genevieve Nnaji, Ini Edo and Uche Jumbo
- Dancing Heart – with Ramsey Nouah and Olu Jacobs
- Connected Firm – with Zack Orji
- All I Have – with Mike Ezuruonye
2007 – 2019
- Yahoo Millionaire (with Desmond Elliot and Uche Jumbo) – 2007
- The Next Election (with Kanayo O. Kanayo) – 2007
- Sleek Ladies (with Ini Edo) – 2007
- Legal War (with Mike Ezuruonye and Patience Ozokwor) – 2007
- Immaterial – 2007
- Caught-Up (with Desmond Elliot) – 2007
- A Better Place (with Desmond Elliot) – 2007
- Yankee Girls (with Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde and Stella Damasus-Aboderin) – 2008
- True Lies (with Zack Orji) – 2008
- White Waters (This film received 12 nominations at the 2008 African Movie Academy Awards, winning 4 awards, including the awards for Best Cinematography and Best Sound) – 2008
- Run Away Prince – 2009
- Saidi’s Song – 2009
- Iyore (with Joseph Benjamin, Okawa Shaznay, Yemi Blaq, Paul Obazele & Bukky Wright) – 2015
- Suru L’ere (with Cameo) – 2016
- 76 – 2016
- Mr and Mrs Chapter 2 – 2017
- The Blindspot – 2018
- Bound – 2018
- Light in the Dark – 2019
- The Big Fat Lie – 2019
Rita Dominic’s marriage and relationship
Contrary to some online reports, Rita Dominic has never been married except in movies, as of the time of writing this post. She is one of Nollywood’s most eligible spinsters.
The actress has managed to keep her private life off the media despite the different relationship rumours that have often plagued her.
Rita Dominic’s relationship with Fidelis Anosike
Nollywood diva Rita Dominic set the media ablaze on Saturday, December 26, 2020, when she shared a loved-up picture of herself and her never-before-seen boyfriend, Fidelis Anosike, on her Instagram page.
The lovebirds were seen twinning in similar pyjamas holding champagne flutes in one of the pictures, while the other had her partner hugging her from behind as they both smile at the camera.
There have been speculations in the past about Rita Dominic’s romantic involvement with Fidelis Anosike, but the actress never addressed the rumours until the Boxing Day post.
The out-of-the-blue act created some buzz in the media because the actress has never been the one to share details of her romantic involvements in the past. The photos further stirred speculations that the actress would be walking down the aisle with her partner soon.
Rita Dominic: 2019 cancelled wedding
There were reports that Rita Dominic was about to get married sometime in 2019, but the wedding plan was cancelled as things did not work out between the actress and her supposed partner.
Rita Dominic later disclosed in an interview that she is happy the marriage didn’t work out as she would only want to marry the ‘man of her dreams’ and not ‘the man the society dreams for her’.
She also revealed during an interview with media personality, Chude Jideonwo, that in as much as she loved to be married, she doesn’t want to rush into it as she wants to get married just once, to a partner she can grow old with, just like her late parents.
Rita Dominic’s rumoured relationships and affairs
Rita Dominic has often been at the edge of relationship rumours and controversies, most of which has always turned out to be false and hearsays.
It was once speculated that she and one of Nollywood’s top actors, Jim Iyke were dating and planning to get married. It later turned out that these rumours were stirred by the on-screen chemistry the two showed when paired in romantic scenes at the peak of their career.
Rita Dominic was also once speculated to be romantically involved with Nigerian footballer, Mikel Obi.
Rita Dominic: Lesbian allegations
Rita Dominic has been alleged to be a lesbian especially after she starred in the 2004 movie, ‘Last Wedding’ and the 2006 movie ‘Girls Cot’, where she acted a romantic scene with a female.
In some of the never-confirmed and rather strange reports, she was alleged of being a lesbian partner to the likes of German-born Nollywood actress and television host, Michelle Dede, Nollywood veteran actress, Genevieve Nnaji, and Beninese actress, Ella Martins.
About Rita Dominic’s partner, Fidelis Anosike
Fidelis Anosike is the newly identified lover and romantic partner of actress Rita Dominic. He is a media mogul and founder of the Folio Media Group, a multi-media conglomerate controlling outfits like The Daily Times Nigeria, Ist October, Times Multimedia, Creative Africa Xchange (CAX), and so on.
Fidelis Anosike was born in 1966 to a junior police officer father. Unfortunately, the 55-year-old media businessman from Anambra state lost his father at a young age.
He graduated with a degree in Creative Arts from the University of Benin. He founded his conglomerate organization upon his graduation at the age of 24.
Fidelis Anosike also later obtained a business degree from Harvard Business School. He announced his resignation from his company’s board in mid-2020. He made his resignation known in a statement on Sunday, June 7, 2020, as he unveiled new board members for the company.
As of the time of writing this report, Fidelis Anosike’s marital status is not known as it cannot be confirmed if he was prevously married or divorced. Though reports have it that he had had a few lovers who later broke up with him but it cannot be confirmed if he ever married any of them.
Rita Dominic’s children
As of the time of writing this report, Nollywood actress Rita Dominic has no biological child of her own. However, she revealed in April 2021 that she has children she takes care of.
The actress also made it known that though she is not a mother, she would love to have her own children.
Rita Dominic Nomination
- Nominee for the Best Actress Leading Role (Yoruba) at the Best of Nollywood Awards – 2009
- Best of Nollywood Awards nominated her for the Best Actress Leading role (English) – 2010
- Nigeria Entertainment Awards nominated her for the Best Actress lead role – 2012
- Ghana Movie Awards nominated her for the Best Actress – Africa Collaboration – 2013
- Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards nominee for the Best Actress Lead Role – 2013
- 9th Africa Movie Academy Awards nominee for the Best Actress in a Leading Role – 2013
- Nigeria Entertainment Awards nominated her for the Best Actress in a Supporting Role – 2014
- ELOY Awards nominee for Movie Actress of the Year – 2014
- Nigeria Entertainment Awards nominated her for the Actress of the year (Nollywood) – 2015
- Africa Magic Viewer’s Choice Awards nominee for the Best Movie Comedy – 2015
- Nigeria Entertainment Awards nominated her for the Best Supporting Actress – 2016
- Africa Movie Academy Awards nominee for Best Actress in Leading Role – 2017
- Nigeria Entertainment Awards nominee for Best Lead Actress in a Film – 2017
Rita Dominic Awards
- Outstanding Actress by the City Peoples Awards – 2004
- Best Actress by Kalasha Film Festival and Television Awards Kenya – 2012
- 8th Africa Movie Academy Awards for Best Actress in a Leading Role – 2012
- Best of Nollywood Awards for Best Actress in Supporting role English film – 2013
- Nollywood Movies Awards for Best Actress in lead role – 2013
- Nigeria Entertainment Awards for Best Actress in Lead Role film – 2013
- Africa International Film Festival for Special Jury Mention Award – 2013
- Eloy Awards for the Female Producer of the Year – 2013
- Nollywood Week Paris Film Festival awarded The Meeting as the Best Film – 2014
- Best of Nollywood Awards awarded her as the Best Supporting Actress English Film – 2014
- Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards for the Best Actress Lead Role – 2014
- Africa Magic Viewer’s Choice Awards for Best Actress in A Comedy – 2015
- The Meeting was named the Best Movie Comedy by the Africa Magic Viewer’s Choice Awards – 2015
- Africa Magic Viewer’s Choice Awards as the Best Actress – Drama/TV Series – 2017
Rita Dominic Net Worth 2021
Rita Dominic currently has an estimated net worth of over $3 million, making her one of the richest and most influential actress in Nigeria.